Volleyball wins six of nine recent matches
By Matt Ward —
Winners of six of their last nine matches, the Fredericksburg High School varsity volleyball team will head back on the road Friday and Saturday for the Northeast ISD tournament in their final matches before school starts Monday.
Fredericksburg will then host Boerne Champion Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m.
Over the weekend, FHS won their first five games at the Austin ISD tournament before finishing in sixth place in the gold bracket.
Last night, the Billies defeated La Vernia on the road 25-17, 25-23, 23-25, 25-16.
“I keep telling the girls that early in the season we are playing these games to be put in a learning environment,” head coach Jason Roemer said. “We will get knocked down and it’s about how fast we can get back up and get back into it.”
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week