Netters to open season today
The 2013 season officially kicks off today for the Fredericksburg High School varsity tennis team when it heads out on Interstate 10 to meet up with San Antonio O’Connor there at 4 p.m.
“We had 34 kids go through pre-season workouts. We’re off to a good start,” said FHS Coach Randall King.
There will be little time to reevaluate and make adjustments after today’s match, since the Billie netters will continue their schedule tomorrow and Friday, Aug. 22-23, by co-hosting the FHS/Kerrville Tivy Team Tournament here and in Kerrville.
Expected to compete in that event are a total of 16 teams (four more than the previous year.) Joining the hosts, Fredericksburg and Kerrville, will be teams from Westlake, Boerne High, Calallen, San Marcos, Midland Lee, Marble Falls, Abilene Cooper, Boerne Champion, Dripping Springs, Floresville, Abilene High, Gregory Portland, College Street High and San Antonio Central.
The Billies’ varsity is slated to appear on the courts in the tourney’s first round tomorrow morning, Aug. 22, at 8:30 a.m. at the FHS campus.
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week