FHS football to face Lago Vista Thursday
By Matt Ward —
With increased expectations coming off the first 5-5 season in five years, being outscored in Friday morning’s scrimmage against Medina Valley was “disappointing” to Fredericksburg High School head football coach Lance Moffett and his varsity team.
“Right when the scrimmage was going on and then when it was over, I think we were pretty disappointed,” Moffett said. “You don’t keep score (on the scoreboard), but you do (mentally) and so they beat us 2-1.”
Both Friday’s scrimmage against Medina Valley and tomorrow’s scrimmage at Lago Vista will have no impact on the Billies’ win-loss record, allowing the FHS coaching staff to focus on talent evaluation and improvement.
“Any time you don’t win, I think you’re disappointed just because of the score,” Moffett said. “You’re not trying to win. You’re trying to look at everybody and give those ‘tweener’ kids (players on the fence between JV and varsity) a chance to play.”
Medina Valley provided a tough challenge for the Billies, the FHS head coach said, as the Panthers returned 10 defensive and seven offensive starters from a district champion team in 2012.
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week