'Country Showdown' slated during Gillespie County Fair
The 32nd Annual Texaco Country Showdown returns to Fredericksburg on Thursday, Aug. 22, the opening night of the 125th Gillespie County Fair.
Scheduled for the outdoor stage next to the race track, this year’s program will feature local and area contestants as they vie for the ultimate grand prize of $100,000.
The event is sponsored locally by radio stations KNAF AM 910 and KNAF FM 105.7/103.1 (“The Deuce”).
Designed to find the most promising country music talent in the United States for the past 30 years, the Texaco Country Showdown gives aspiring artists a chance to launch their professional careers. Thousands of performers compete annually for the Country Showdown title.
For more of this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- 'Exodus' lacks both gods, kings in Hollywood's latest Biblical epic
- Area stores show creativity in Christmas decorations
- Redmayne transforms as famed physicist in 'Theory of Everything"
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' fails to live up to standard set by original film
- 'Hunger Games' sequel saved by its 'Mockingjay'