Some closing doors on July 4
Gillespie County residents will be joining in the commemoration of America’s birthday on Thursday, July 4.
To celebrate the Fourth of July holiday, city, county, state and federal offices will be closing their doors on Thursday, July 4, along with a large number of businesses.
The Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post will also be closing on Thursday, July 4. And because of the holiday, the newspaper is being published one day this week.
•Federal offices: Closed.
•State offices: Closed.
•County offices: Closed.
•City offices: Closed.
•Closed. There will be no delivery on city, rural or highway contract routes on July 4. The post office windows will be closed and no lockbox service will be provided.
•Trash collection: Regular trash collection schedules will be observed on July 4.
•Recycling Center and Landfill: The Recycling Center and Landfill will both be closed in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
•The Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post will be closed on Thursday, July 4.
The newspaper is being published on Tuesday this week rather than the regular Wednesday publication date.
After the holiday on Thursday, the newspaper office will be open on Friday for business as usual.
Students are continuing their summer break.
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man