Harper baseball advances to regional quarterfinals
Dalton Sembritzky scattered two hits while striking out nine batters to help Harper High School breeze past Woodsboro 14-1 in the area round of UIL Region IV-1A baseball playoffs.
Sembritzky issued only one base-on-balls to the Eagles.
The one-game series, which was played Saturday afternoon in New Braunfels, was called after five innings under the 10-run mercy rule.
The Longhorns will now take on the Center Point Pirates in a best-of-three series that’ll open Thursday night at 7 p.m. on the Fredericksburg High School diamond.
The second contest is scheduled for Saturday in Fredericksburg, beginning at 11:30 a.m. A third game, if needed, will be played 30 minutes after the conclusion of game two, also on the FHS field.
Admission will be $4 for adults and $2 for students.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week