Fredericksburg Chorale to perform spring concert
Fredericksburg Chorale will perform its Spring Concert on Saturday, May 18, at St. Joseph’s Halle at 3 p.m. and again at 7 p.m.
This concert will feature choruses and solos from famous operas as well as a new work by director Mark Hierholzer, “The Colors of Light,” a short original opera.
The chorale will sing choruses from Verdi’s “Il Travatore,” including “The Anvil Chorus,” “The Pilgrims’ Chorus” from “Tannhauser” by Wagner, and “The Prisoners’ Chorus,” from “Fidelio” by Beethoven.
Also, the chorale will perform an ensemble from Verdi’s “Rigoletto” and choruses and a solo from Mozart’s Magic Flute.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Out of the shadows: Independent thriller ‘The Gift’ comes from nowhere to shine
- Gangsta rap biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ a compelling, worthy film
- Superhero movie ‘Fantastic Four’ falls flat on its cinematic face
- X Marks The Spot: Geocaching combines technology, treasure hunts
- ‘Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation’ packs on punches thanks to its leading man