Harper baseball to face Woodsboro Saturday
After drawing a bye in the opening round of the University Interscholastic League Region IV-1A baseball playoffs, Harper will fire up its baseball machine Saturday when it takes on Woodsboro at noon in area round action.
The contest will be held on the New Braunfels High School diamond.
Harper picked up its first ever District 29 title with a perfect 8-0 record in league play.
Woodsboro bested Benavides 2-0 in bi-district action played last week to set up the one-game series with the Longhorns.
District 29’s two other schools — Eldorado and Ozona — have been eliminated from post-season action. Brackett topped District 29 runner-up Eldorado 2-0 while the league’s third place finisher, Ozona, dropped a 2-0 contest to Center Point.
For more on this story, read this week’s print and online editions of the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. If you are a print subscriber, your full online subscription is free. All you need to do is call 830-997-2155 to get a password. If you are not a subscriber, call 997-2155 or click on the ‘Subscribe’ button on the left side of the home page and sign up today!
- Billie boys soccer season ends in regional finals
- FHS boys advance to state tourney after second place finish at regionals
- Seven varsity netter prepare for regional tourney next week
- Ladyhorns dominate district standings with pair over victories
- Harper baseball splits pair of loop victories last week